Negotiate to Win
A unique, bite size programme that looks at negotiation from the sales side. Not just for sellers, but for executives at every level.
This high impact, fast moving workshop investigates negotiation tactics and how to handle them. Based on the real world, real people and real situations, it shows your team how to make better, more profitable deals every time.
How to build a both-win relationship
- What makes good negotiation skills?
- How to use the give and take process.
11 Laws of bargaining
- How to handle ‘deadlock’ and ‘Is that negotiable’.
- Understand aspiration levels.
- The most useful question in negotiating.
- Stop seeing price as the issue.
- You need them but they don’t need you – how to handle it.
- Negotiating with higher authority.
- How to negotiate a price rise.
What’s your negotiating style?
- Don’t be a tough negotiator, be an effective one, Avoid showdowns.
- Separate the people from the negotiation.
The written word
- How to use the written word to win the advantage.
- Taking notes to gain commitment.
Sources of Power
- How deadlines affect the outcome.
- Power is in the mind. Patience and time.
- How to get leverage. How to use BATNA.
Tactics & countermeasures
- The supertactic – how to handle “I like your proposal but this is all I’ve got”.
- How to handle “Let’s split the difference” and “You’ve got to do better than that” and “Take it or leave it”.
- Tactics the seller can use. Tactics the buyer can use. The seller’s most useful ploy. The buyer’s most useful ploy.
- Escalation of terms. Escalation of authority.
- The final agreement. Body language Closing.